
An Ocean of Longing, part two of the Echoes of Cornwall series was just as compelling and haunting as the first with the added element of a steamy romance between Tegan and William. I just wish it weren’t another cliffhanger which is one reason I only gave it 4 stars. (Be sure to read Book 1 as this is not a standalone.) The other reason for the 4 stars, which I hope was corrected in the final draft, was the number of typos and the misuse of me, myself and I. Every time I stumbled across this grammar pet peeve of mine, it pulled me out of the story. I think there should be trigger warnings for extreme violence and abuse, but it’s still a fascinating romance with time travel, ghostly images appearing in dreams, and visions of beautiful Cornwall in the18th and 19th centuries.
I received a complimentary ARC of this book from Storm Publishing through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Opinions expressed are completely my own.
No comments:
Post a Comment